Author Topic: Infection???? and fever ????  (Read 1351 times)

admin

Infection???? and fever ????
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »
Isabel

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Infection???? and fever ????   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mother is diabetic and has been in dialysis for the last two months. Her numbers are fine. Her Neph has been considered remove her from dialysis. Right now she is at the hospital with an infection and occasionally fever. I do not know what kind of infection. I have been trying to get her off the reuse dialyzed but the center is refusing. I will have not alternative but proceed legally. This is the 2nd time she has an infection. I heard that reuse dialyzer are dangerous. She has a jugular Cath but what I am more concern is that her legs are swelling and we do not know what can be the reason. <

*************************************************************************       

Sick of it

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Mother   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel,<
><
>If you have spoken with Arlene and she gave you a contact number please call it. If you have not then call us at Dialysis Ethics.<
><
>Call another neph. and get her a second opinion. You do not have to take her off of dialysis because of one man's opinion.<
><
>And<
>You can have your mother moved to another clinic all you have to do is get the phone book and look up dialysis clinic's and call to ask if they offer non-reuse and ask what are the names of the doctors that pratice at their clinic.<
><
>My prayers will be with you and your mother.<
><
><
><

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy