Author Topic: Lead poison from hemo dialysis  (Read 1425 times)

admin

Lead poison from hemo dialysis
« on: September 26, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
mu angel got her wings

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Lead poison from hemo dialysis   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------<
> i went to a link that i typed in from one of the diagnosis on holly's medical record and found reasons or should i say cause for calcification of the
ain....and found hemo dilaysis lead poison as one,,,,she did have hypoparathyroidism,,,i will post the link for u to check out<
>www.sums.ac.ir/~semj/vol3...2/ricc.htm <
>go to this site and read <
> Edited by: realdialysisethics at: 7/11/03 7:25 am<
>

RedheadedReptile

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Link doesn't work   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might have typed the link incorrectly... can you check it again? 

my angel got her wings

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: lead in hemo dialysis   

www.sums.ac.ir/~semj/vol3...02/icc.htm<
><
>sorry this is the correct link now 

aprnjam

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: lead in hemo dialysis   

It
oke my heart to read Holly's story and my heart goes out to you. I can not even imagine losing a child. Most people on this board know me, I work with Arlene, and I am a nurse practitioner. I would be happy to help you in your quest for justice. If you would like some help with Holly's records, contact Arlene for my e-mail address and phone number. 

my angel got her wings

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: lead in hemo dialysis   

ty for reading holly's site i have spoken to carl ginsberg via arlene's help, i also talk to a woman by the name of marge and yes i can use all the help i can get,,i have to advocate release form the only problem i have is getting anotary because of the hours hubby works and we only have one car right now,,,i have copies of holly's medical records from the constant in and out of the hospital i can send them via email to u if it willl help please let me know,,,,my email is as follws<
> tweety
drulz@hotmail.com <
><
>i have spoke to several lawyers about her but they were saying because of her rare condition it made it hard to deal with the case i believe they didnt want to even try...holly should not be gone ,,i know this to be fact,, if the doctors would have listened to her and i she would still be here. 

realdialysisethics

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: For Legal Help from DEO.   

For Legal Help from DEO<
><
>DEO is an Advocacy group whose first priority is to solve issues before it goes into the legal arena. We are not a legal referral agency. <
><
>For those of you who are seeking legal help from DEO here is the protocol / steps DEO requires in order to be able to help you.<
><
>1.) Contact Arlene by phone or E-mail with the particulars of your problem for evaluation of the kind of help you may need.<
><
>2.) Sign, notarize and send ASAP any advocacy form deemed necessary for your case.<
><
>3.) Send all medical records/ information to the DEO office. DO NOT SEND any records to any other place. This is VERY Important!<
><
>4.) DO NOT PUT ANY MEDICAL RECORDS OR DISCUSS THE CASE ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET! This will invalidate any help DEO or their legal advisors can give you.<
><
>Reasons: <
> The reasons we require you to do the above is that litigation is very expensive and cases will not be taken if they are compromised in any way. By sending medical records, posting medical records on the Internet, or discussing them with anyone other than your DEO representative, compromises your case and the lawyers will not touch it. The element of surprise is very important in any legal case and as the saying goes, " You don't play poker in front of a mirror", and that goes for any case DEO touches. If medical records are posted on the Internet/ web site, or given out to anyone not authorized by DEO, then that element of surprise is gone and the expense isn't worth it to the attorneys who are putting out the money. Our legal teams are volunteers of top "A " litagators that have taken our cause pro- bono. DEO receives no money back from any litigation. Our first priority is solving issues before it goes into the legal area. We are extremely busy, as the demand is high so please help us help you by following the above steps. We are an advocacy group who wants to resolve the issues before it goes to legal litigation. These cases are expensive to prosecute and these are the terms the lawyers have dictated to us.<
><
><
>Protocol:<
> When Arlene is contacted, she will evaluate the information you give her as to what kind of help you need. <
> When your medical records or other information is sent to her, she then further evaluates it and then sends it to the appropriate legal person for further evaluation. <
> If the lawyers decide to take your case, Arlene will notify you and you will be given further instructions at that time in how to work with <
>Your attorney. From this point on it is between you and your attorney. <
><
> If you need more information, please feel free to contact Arlene at the DEO office either via phone or E-mail. <
><
>Thank you.<
><
>Founding RN <

Additional advice

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Legal Help   

As someone who has worked a little in the legal arena, I would add that even discussing a case here on this site is not at all advisable. If the above 2 people want to talk about it, they would be better off to do so via private e-mail as any kind of discussion here would / has compromised any case that might have been. <
><
>Glad to hear that DEO has top notch legal people helping out. It is so hard to know who to contact when problems come up. From what was listed above, the DEO "protocol" is the best way I have seen to protect eveyone involved. The 2 people above would be well advised to follow this protocol too. JMO 

leadsag

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: lawyers   

What about the depositon phase? The lawyers are going to get access to everything before trial. This is after all real life, not Perry Mason 

aprnjam

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: lead in hemo dialysis   

Thank you for your information, but the purpose in obtaining my information from Arlene, is also to ensure that you have given the proper releases to DEO to work with you. Without those, I can not review Holly's records. Please following the advice given by Founding FRN and submit the proper releases to Arlene so that we may help you. 

patient

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Founding RN's legal help   

Either follow the advice given by founding RN and do not discuss on any message board or watch your complaint fall apart in front of your very eyes. This is a screening process to ensure there is a legitimate complaint for the attorneys that work with Arlene on a Pro Bono basis that are aware of the actions that the industry is doing to patients. Be ever mindful of what you say on the internet when yourself or a loved one has been injured in a clinic. 

afraidtouse

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Just my opinion   

Maybe if the RN's and others in the industry WOULD get online and tell people what is going on MAYBE it would not be easy for the people making money off the dialysis patients to continue the abuses. "Oh, we don't want to rock the boat, we might lose our jobs." Never mind that the patients might lose lives. 

FYI

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: OPINION   

we have put many things on this board when clinics are found in violation. First choice always is to get the patient issues resolved. <
><
>When we have to go after a clinic, it is up to every reader to decide what they think,and be aware of what is happening. But we also have to balance a fine line and know that when we post that we are on legal ground.<
><
>Our success has been making this industry accountable. We realize that it is ultimately the
ave patient who stands in the path of the dragon. Many have had our support. We will be changing as we will be flying in more often,to have the patient feel that they are not alone.<
><
>In this journey, we have had to play hard ball on many occasions, which now with lawsuits filed and a fantastic network of helpers in high profile positions. We will try the point of negotiation, but will not back down when a patient is dumped or abused. We will do whatever we can to resolve the issue first, but we will play hard ball if forced to. It is clearly up to the clinic. We allow our patient to have courage knowing we are supporting them, and to be there.<
><
>It takes a
ave patient to stand up to the dragon,these are the patients who make the changes happen. These are the pioneers of this journey. To have a patient tell us that they will stand tall and wont spend a life rolling over is a hard stance. This is a
avery that I personally have not had to face. It is a stand we will always respect.It is our patients who believe in us and know we will fight for them is what is making change. It is easy for me to pull the strings in another state, I dont have to face the abusers 3 times a week. <
><
>My hat is off to all those patients who stand tall, and those who help in the background and pray they are not identified. This is
avery and should always be respected.<
><
>Names and addresses of bad clinics and abusive ones will be put on this web. We try to resolve the issue first. To put a name on the board when they want to resolve the issue isnt fair. Those who think they can abuse and batter a patient,not wanting or feeling that they need to change, will be put on the board. To do less, is losing our focus on this journey.<
><
>We have come a long way and we now have the ability to change this arena of medicine. It isnt about patient safety and industry accountability..We are all in this together. We will continue to make a difference. Trust in God, but tie up your Camel.<
><
>Arlene 

aprnjam

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: OPINION   

Well said Arlene! The patient is always the priority and their issues must be resolved first. Those who work with you walk a very fine line legal line, that many may not understand. It is the
ave patient that steps forward, makes the complaint, and then takes the heat for the retaliation that may or may not come from the involvement of DEO. These patients are the true heroes of this long battle and the ones that are making the changes possible, and they should be applauded and honored. You, and those who work behind the scenes to help the dialysis patient have done a wonderful job. My hat goes off to all of you and you are all heroes in my book and have a special place in heaven reserved for you! 

Opinion

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Hodgepodge   

I find that the bigger corporations want to resolve the issue. This wasnt so in the beginning, but now we have but to call and they are willing to work with us.<
><
>It is the small time companies that still continue to challenge us. We try to resolve an issue, but if they feel that they are above the law and continue to violate the law of the land.. we document and keep a paper trail that is hard to wiggle out. We then after trying to resolve it then go and call in the heavy artilary. This is our last choice, and used only when they have continued to batter a patient. Then in good conscience it is a choice that they have made. We in all advocations enlist lawyers and journalist as all is documented in case it goes to legal. THis is a last choice, but one that is done. This protects the patient and lets us document for the patient if it is needed. <
><
>We have no problem to contact National Action Network/Rev Al Sharptons's, to come in at a moments notice. Sometimes it only takes the press and a well placed demonstration to
ing justice for a patient. Many choices,but the patient is the most important concern. I will be going to talk to the National Action Network this month...they have helped our patients in the past. We will be talking to the crisis and law divisions of that group...we have a good working relationship now. <
><
>Hopefully when we meet in Baltimore the government will do what is right and protect the patients. They are paying these companies to do a service, the companies have dictated how it is to be done for far to long. The government needs to step up to the plate and tell the industry how to treat the patients Not chase the mouse around the barn.. It is now or never...to ensure changes.<
><
>Arlene<

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy