Author Topic: THEY FEEL THAT THEY CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE,PATIENTS NO SAY (part b)  (Read 1794 times)

admin

Marty

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: and  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after the truth is told and seen by all action for correction needs to be taken. I often hear President Bush talking of accountability; I wonder when those words will become important to other government agencies. Or if I am just native and their accountability has to do with money and not the job they are suppose to do. Keep up the good work Arlene we are supporting you and what you stand for. This puzzles me to no end. If I were to get into an accident and need to be on life support without a DNR there would be heck to pay if they didn't put me on life support....but yet a dialysis clinic can easily refuse a patient dialysis life support. What's the difference does anyone know?  

Mr Change is coming folks

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Keep hammering Arlene!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change is hard and takes a great deal of time and energy. But just remember, silence=death. And we will not sit idle while the industry picks each one of us off.<
>Kudos lady for your determination and hard work.  

ACCOUNTABILITY

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: IS GOING TO BE COMING!  

You do not have to use the NETWORK. You can choose anyone of your choice to be your advocate.This little speell of them stating that you dont is being challenged. This abuse of patients has been allowed to happen and the rules are that you do have choices,just like reuse,you have to be able to challenge your rights. We as an organization will be there for you and have a better track record than the ESRD NETWORKS.You have choices and you need to exercise your legal rights.<
> <
>We now are now in a postition to challenge the NETWORK's. Personally I have really believed (naive) that the government has wanted to know the truth,and would respond with the chilling results of the patients at undue risk. How silly I was?. Sadly they have allowed this abuse of patients and have almost sanctioned it with their silence.They (government) have even hired a law firm to fight on behalf of the NETWORK when a patient died. They did nothing. They even have contracts that are provided to the clinics and the physicians for behavioral issues,making it easier to dump patients. What is wrong with this picture guys? You think the government would be for the patients? How many Federal investigations does the government need,if they dont act on them? How long is the government going to allow this industry to self regulate and still allow the"overseers" to get away with the loss of lives and the lack of one's civil rights as well as patient rights? How long is the government going to allow the industry to dictate the Standards and have the industry tell the government what they will get for the tax payers buck. Even to have the government provide the industry with the lawyers to fight a patients dismissal.<
><
>Karen has the actual cases that the NETWORK has advocated for. You will be stunned with their own numbers or lack of doing their jobs.<
><
>The fact is that after 4 1/2 years the government has sanctioned this and has allowed the appointment of Thomas Scully under Tommy Thompson in a key position. The company that Thomas Scully was with was under Federal investigation. What is this saying to each and every patient? <
><
>The horse and pony have left the show,and we now are going to legally challenge the NETWORK. When the Network can clearly violate the patients right and demands secrecy to keep board members secret and the affiliation of the board members secret,and told that a patient has no rights when they dont trust them,and HCFA has not intervened in this. HCFA is aware of the situation. The fact that the NETWORK has ignored the patient when asking for a grievance form,to contact the patient to apoligize two weeks after the fact?They were so busy? Patients wake up and family members need to wake up to the reality of this. It has cost too many lives and the government has not demanded accountability.<
><
>We are now in the process of legal actions against the NETWORK. They had a contractual obligation to the citizens of this nation. They are well documented and the documents are in the mail for law firm reviewal. This is going to force the government to take a stand,they expose is coming out and the fact that thinking the government would act on the patients behalf is silly. They will have to explain the documents to the public. Why have we not cleaned up this industry after 4 1/2 years. It will be done now. The documents are off to the Press! I always believe in giving everyone a chance,but 4 1/2 years and how many deaths is not acceptable anymore. The horse and pony are now going to other areas to clean this mess up.<
><
>I feel the patients deserve a fair shake when it comes to their lives. They deserve to have education and the value of knowing that they are not disposable,but the law of the land are not with this group of patients. Its not personal,its only the right thing to do,to fight for those who are too weak and giving them a quality of life and the dignity we all deserve as human beings. This is a harsh statement but a true one, human life should be respected and not put on the stock market. We have been told that we need to file a Public Interest suit.Lets see who the government sides with. It will no longer be a dirty little secret. Still waiting for the written law that this patient cant use an advocate for the NETWORK. It seems as if they need to operate according to the law. This is being challenged and am still waiting for the law HCFA and NETWORK 13.<
><
>The government horse and pony show are over,we need to all be more activel DOCUMENTS DONT LIE AND THERE IS A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO.<
>  

Worker Bee

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Documentation  

As one who has worked in the trenches, I just want to give the patients some advice. Document what you see, date, time place, and who is involved along with witnesses who can validate your facts. The companies have ben known to alter their documents and to conviently "misplace or loose" those documents. By doing so you can help put them on the spot if there is an investigation. By good documentation, you can help changes begin. <
><
>The Networks can not dictate who has rights and who doesn't. They work for our goverment and in saying the patient did not have a right to an alternative advocate, they violated that patient's constitutional rights! The women who said these things needs to be held accountable as she represents not only the network, but also the goverment agency that the network represents!  

Worker

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Just wanting to bring one of the strings back  

I am just
inging out the La news string as to refresh the incidences.<
>Much more is written on and around the approximate dates.  

Has anyone

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: talked with  

Patrick Murphy at Network 13? He is the director.  

ptsw

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: he is....  

He is Patient Services Director.  

Opinion

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: ESRD  

/>
I have talked to Patrick Murphy on several occasions as I have with others in the NETWORK><
><
>He is the one who after two weeks of the patient contacting the NETWORK,after we called got involved.<
><
>It appears that the old line that was used that they can tell the clinics that they dont have to honor the advocacy days are now over.<
><
>It was when we were fighting for David Hawkins life with the NETWORK,they came up with a ruling with Davids attorney in Lansing Mi. that only two people can advocate. Leaving David dead and no one accountable. This is a typical of the ESRD NETWORKS to stall and ask for interpretations and side with the industry. <
><
>In all fairness I have nothing but respect for Dr. Ramero Valdez, I wish he would be in charge of patient complaints. The Executive directors and the boards are all but useless and the patients are at risk. Dr. Valdez I feel is behind the patients and will actually roll up his sleeves and help patients. <
><
>I dont even waste my time with them as far as siding for the patients and in the last few incidences,had to go to their bosses to get them to do anything other than retoric and rule definitions as stalling tactics.  

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy