Author Topic: THEY FEEL THAT THEY CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE,PATIENTS NO SAY (part a)  (Read 2061 times)

admin

network 13

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: THEY FEEL THAT THEY CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE,PATIENTS NO SAY   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have been advocating for the patient in Louisiana. The Network who oops! we have been sooooo busy that we never got the complaint form to the patient....But when a letter was written to the boss of HCFA this am,they all of a sudden are very active in wanting to help this patient. Two weeks later.<
>The patient has signed a release that we are to advocate for the patient. It is notorized and legal.They feel that the patients belong to them and no one can advocate,but them. In other words they want to continue to operate under the cloth of secrecy. They need to have an attorney to see if they have to go by the laws of the lands. In other words,the patient now is faxing them a letter stating that they have included us in the resolution. There have been sooo many Federal Laws not followed with this patient in the clinic...now the overseers are not allowing the patient to have a voice on who they trust speak for them. They have been asked to provide the law that supersedes the right for a patients choice on who advocates for them. They feel they can just say "no" because I say its so. We are asking for a written law that allows them to do this.So it appears that this is going to get interesting,as this is exactly what we have been waiting for.<
>The last patient they pulled this on was David Hawkins who died due to their lack of oversight.Then HCFA hires a law firm to defend the NETWORK from not doing their jobs. THis is all on tax payer money. They hire an attorney to fight another attorney who was making them accountable. HCFA hired the best lawfirm in town.<
>Patients wake up,as you have no rights against this industry that is self policing. This is a typical network ploy...do nothing until we come into the picture and make them accountable. Then the hit the dirt until it blows over. <
>Network 13 has David Hawkins blood on their hands. They allowed him to die and never fought for him. They will not even release the board of directors and their affiliations with the industry. They have not provided the written law,and we will not back down. The reporter now has a clear cut case on them doing as they please with no accountability.........He will be following this and making calls.<
>This time maybe HCFA will step in and do what is right. We will see if they continue to back the NETWORKS and not the patients.<
>Arlene 

This went to HCFA and PRE

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: It has become clear that HCFA is allowing the   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<
> It has become clear that HCFA is allowing the <
>conditions to continue at the Federal level for the dialysis<
>patients. We clearly have not cared enough to make those who<
>have been selected as overseers in this industry to get away<
>with murder and lack of government responsibility.ie: the<
>government turning a deaf ear and blind eye and protecting<
>those who have done this to our patient and citizens.<
>I have been fighting for patient rights for over 4 1/2 years<
>full time. What I have received from the Federal government<
>is making me into the enemy. After all I am stirring up<
>status quo for patients who have been at risk and with<
>Senate Hearings over 2 1/2 years ago...the Senate Committee<
>has clearly done nothing more than lip service. It was a<
>horse an pony show of the worse kind. I really believed that<
>you cared. Clearly you still allow the NETWORKS to not do<
>the job. The proof is in the number of clients they have not<
>responded to.The statistics are very disturbing. We have the<
>highest mortality rate in the world. But we excuse that with<
>rhetoric and no facts. We are using a deadly chemical that<
>attacks our patients and workers as not FDA approved but<
>cleared as an accesory. Have we addressed this? NO! It has<
>cost many patients the opportunity to not have transplants<
>due to the fact that it changes the antigen or antibodies in<
>the patients blood. Have we protected our patients or<
>provided a safety net for them? No! They simply are the<
>disposables of our society. We dont make those who profit<
>off them even accountable for their treatments or lack of a<
>quality of life. This truly has and is Americas disposible<
>concentration camps. Harsh words, yes, truth also. YOu the<
>government still after 4 1/2 years allow them to give<
>substandard care and only care when these companies defraud<
>you. Kill a patient and you turn them over to the abusers.<
>The proof is where HCFA will support the industry controlled<
>oversight not to be accountable for the many deaths and lack<
>of patient rights that are present in these centers.<
>Patients who are fighting for their very lives and have no<
>say. Very little education of both the technicians whose<
>training field is the patients. Deaths having to physically<
>be called in or they are not investigated. Training errors<
>are exceptable if they even death.Patients who have paid for<
>the truth with their very lives. Patients who are sold as<
>"chattle" on government money and having our patients on the<
>stock market as stock commodities.Who does their doctor<
>belong to,the investors or to the patient? These patients<
>need to have the doctors caring for them.<
>Nothing has changed,the industry is still being allowed to<
>police themselves and HCFA protecting the violators.You even<
>hired an attorney to fight for the NETWORK when they didnt<
>advocate for a patient and he died. Patients are dumped all<
>over the nation.<
>Mr. Thomas Scully who was on the board of directors of<
>DaVita was under US Attorney investigation,the government<
>rewarded him with a key position...right under Tommy<
>Thompson. Then Nancy De PEarl who was contacted wth the<
>dialysis issues is on the DaVita board.<
>You do not allow the patient a choice to advocate with the<
>NETWORK,they are a secret society and was told by Patricia<
>Fill
ey of Network 13 that they dont have to work with the<
>patients choice,they are furnished with lawyers to help<
>them.Have asked you to please furnish the law that states<
>the patient cant choose. Please also provide it in<
>writing,as Ms. Filli
e wont even give the patient or myself<
>the affiliation of the boards member that are advocating for<
>the patients Two weeks after ignoring her and the<
>patient,they feel they can say what they want,they feel<
>safe,due to the fact the government keeps allowing them<
>protection.<
>What is this country coming too....we are no different in<
>treating our patients as desposible commodities. We are<
>nothing than a third world country protecting only the rich.<
><
>I can see after 4 1/2 years and the NETWORK feeling that<
>they are not accountable is never going to change. I for one<
>realize that the government is the problem. I will be<
>working for public awareness.You have really dropped the<
>ball and these patients are not worthy of your protecting<
>them The industry is too entwined in the government.You have<
>become the abuser.<
>I love our country,but it needs to protect those who are<
>vunerable.<
>Arlene Mullin<
><

brenda

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Wake up Family and Friends   

This is absolutely insane that our great government is letting another patient be controlled by the industry and a bunch of people who are making money off of someone's life. I can truly understand why a patient would be hesitant to voice their anger for fear they will be the next throw-away. However there is no reason why their families and friends can not open their mouthes, take a pen to hand, type an email etc. do whatever it takes to let the government hear from everyone. It takes 37 cents to mail a letter, perhaps a dollar to make a call--I am on just as tight

a budget as the next person believe me, but I am more then willing to send my share in. I have buried my
other, as well as many other family members and friends due to Kidney problems and Dialysis related issues, I have kids that could sticken at anytime, as well, I refuse to just sit back and be silent. Thankfully my friends and co-workers, as well as family members are doing their part. Please everyone ---let the goverment and the media know what is happening in the country. 

Lin

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:03 am    Post subject: Letter   

Arlene, That is a very poignant letter, but very true! When I have problems I know that it won't help to contact the network, and the only reason I would do so is so that I wouldn't be accused of not following "thier" rules. Even in "good" units things happen that are swept under the perverbial carpet, as I have recently witnessed! A lapse in judgement or care, and no one even admits it, or says I'm sorry because to admit a mistake suggests negligence, and it also suggests that there are problems that need to be addressed. I'm not a negative person, but I believe like you that there are problems that can and should be fixed. Lives are at stake! To me that is not being negative; it's being positive. I'm positive things are going to change, and we have you and others to thank for that! You're one heck of a lady in my book. Ty! Lin. 

brenda

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks Lin   

Positive reinforcement is just what Arlene needed to hear right now. Spoke with her as she was writing the letter and she is just livid. After almost 5 years of doing this at her own expense and for her own reasons, she has had it with not seeing any major improvements for the dialysis patients and promises
oken. It is such a shame that the almighty dollar comes into the picture when others life's are being compromised for it. While the letter might be negative to some, the truth needs to be told and seen by all. 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy