Author Topic: Where's Lin  (Read 3486 times)

admin

Where's Lin
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:31:41 PM »
brenda

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Where's Lin   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haven't seen any posts from her as of late, or am I just missing them ? 

Lin

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: So Sorry!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading but not much posting lately. Just a little bummed out; found out 30 year old son also has pkd. Looks like this dialysis thing is going to become a family affair, so have even more urgency to change things for the better than before. Thanks for thinking of me! Lin. (the Northeast connection lol) 

brenda

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: just wanted to   

make sure you were okay. Sorry to hear about your son, if you need someone just to write to or talk with, please feel free to contact me and will help you out in anyway possible. Unfortunately for us to, the disease is hereditary and you just hold your
eathe everyday at times. 

Lin

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Thankyou!   

Means a lot to me! Son and his wife near DC and real go getters, so when the time comes if still problems exist they will leave no stone unturned to right things, but I'm hoping things will have changed for the better by then! Heck, we all hope for that. Lin. 

wendy jill

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: hi lin -   

Hi Lin. I was so sorry to learn about your son, and know how hard this is for you.<
><
>Yes, it's Wendy from a year ago. We "disappeared" in the frenzy of trying to save Jill's life, which I am happy to say we did.<
><
>She is now in her own townhome, only 4 minutes from me & only 5 minutes from the dialysis center, which I must say is WONDERFUL.<
><
>Many of her problems turned out to be gastro related - her pancreas doesn't work 100%.<
><
>I hope to be online and keeping up with things again.<
><
>It was an interesting year to say the least. But you, Arlene & many others on this board helped me tremendously & kept my spirits up.<
><
>Take care, I hope you are doing well.<
><
>Wendy 

Lin

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Hello   

TY! Good to see you back! I'm so glad to hear you and Jill are digging out from under all the crap lol Seriously, we all have to stick together; it's the only way things are going to get accomplished. You know the old adage "there's power in numbers". Some people tell me dialysis isn't bad, or isn't that bad. Others tell me it's a lot better than it used to be, or it's as good as it can get. Others accuse me of being a whiner and making mountains out of mole hills; Well, sorry (not really lol) to disagree but I think dialysis does have problems, and can and will be better!!!! All I know is what I see and hear; as others have said "who can make this stuff up, and why would we want to?" <
>Say hi to Jill; hope to "see" more of you two! Lin.<

Anne

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Hi Wendy and Jill   

Can you say the name of the dialysis unit you found for Jill? If you can't I understand. I am looking to transfer to a good unit. So glad Jill has recovered! 

brenda

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: welcome back home   

Wendy/Jill. Glad to know things are better then it had been. Remember we are here if you need something .... 

running out of names

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: dialysis   

Lin, first I am sorry to hear about your son. Changes will be coming, we are making movement forward. Hopefully soon this nightmare will be over and patients will have rights,fear from retaliation over. I do see that day, and feel it is soon. We still need to put one foot in front of the other and realize that others may not understand,but all patients will benefit from this journey.<
><
>Jill and Wendy, it goes beyond words that everything has worked out. Welcome back into the folds. smile'<
>Arlene 

wendy jill

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Thank you & a Good Center   

Thanks to everyone who said "hello", and once again it's been a while since I've been able to get back to the board.<
><
>To Anne - we live in North Carolina - if that's somewhere you are thinking of moving to I'd be more than happy to tell you the name of the group & center.<
><
>As good as the center is and as good as her doctor is, we have been "reminded" that we have to stay on top of things. Jill's CO2 Bicarb has crept up again to 35. At only 80 pounds, this is way too high.<
><
>Not sure which came first, but she is also battling intestinal bacterial overgrowth again.<
><
>So, another lesson learned - never sit back & relax!<
><
>Wendy 

patient

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: bacteria   

Hi Wendy,<
>What is intestinal bacteria overgrowth? Is it caused by dialysis? Glad Jill is in a better unit now!

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy