Author Topic: Arlene is out of New York!  (Read 2839 times)

admin

Arlene is out of New York!
« on: September 01, 2009, 05:53:48 AM »
Founding RN

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Arlene is out of New York!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arlene wants everyone to know that she made it out of New York and is currently in Baltimore waiting on her flight home. She left New York about an hour before the blackouts happened and she is safe, with power, in Baltimore. <
><
>Her cell phone is dead so calling her is of no use. She will be home late Sat and will post a full report when she has recovered from her trip.<
><
>She also wants to thank everyone who participated in the meeting with CMS and to thank everyone else for their thoughts, prayers and support this week. 

********************************************************************************   

plugger

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: just an idea   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe we could form a fanatical wing of DE and claim responsibility for the blackout. It's a JOKE! (this for any government types monitoring this site) Of course it is quite a coincidence that Arlene and many of the folks from DE just happened to be in the area (sombody's hair curling iron short out?) 

********************************************************************************       

leadsag

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: visit   

Maybe Arlene's visit caused a few too many people to blow a fuse? 

Lin

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Gee   

they said they didn't really know WHY the power went out; well I'll be lol<
>Seriously, I'm glad Arlene is out of that mess! A large portion of Jersey was without power, so we were lucky we had power. We would've had to crank up the generator. <
>I've heard that things were a mess at the NYC dialysis units; some apparently didn't even discuss emergency take off procedures with pts., but that's going to be another post! Lin. 

brenda

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Almost responded the   

same as the others blaming good old cinnamon buns for the outage. But then I thought, silly me, that some might take offense to it. But since me wee Brother P started throwing the blame,,,,,,,, I bet it was her hot curlers that did the damage. Those things can be lethal. On second hand she might have gone some where that she has never been to before ( b-b ) and the shock did it........lol 

Pollyanna

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: I would guess it was....   

all that hot air that came out of CMS during and after the meeting. It had to go somewhere and people just plain found it too hot to deal with! So on with the air conditioners and POW! There you have it. Goes to show what our govenment is made up of! 

Founding RN

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Arlene is home safe!   

Arlene is home safe and very tired. Lets give her some time to rest and recover from this exausting trip. She assures me that she will be back in the office come Monday, but I do hope she comes in late!<
><
>Hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend! 

FYI

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: I"m Back!   

Have been slammed today on the phone and will post my views on the meeting tomorrow.....<
><
>I was thrilled to go to New York and had several meetings with many people there. One in particular that just tickled me to no end...I am standing outside of the hotel, not holding my purse the way you should there,talking on the cell phone. This gentleman walked up to me and said "How are you doing Arlene?" I must of looked dumb founded, as I asked how he knew it was me....He laughed and stated NO ONE would leave themselves so open and inviting a purse snatching", that if I were assulted that you can pick up anything and use it....garbage cans,sticks etc. I thought WOW! anything goes and you can use anything....I love New York...<
><
>I had a great time and also went to HARLEM NEW YORK it was a blast. We are out to lunch with one of our Network and she flagged down a cab, asked the cabbie to take us there and would not allow us to walk to Harlem. So went and found Rev Sharptons door and met with the staff. It was great putting faces to names, and we have their full support. They will be getting the word out to the communities around the nation, and they will have questionaires circulated and returned to them and will give us copies on concerns that the patients have and the treatment in their units. They realize that with the current dumpings, that is an emergency situation that needs to be addressed soon and the sooner the better.<
><
>I had dinner with Carl and lunch with a reporter that we have been working with for a long time. They are all wonderful people. Kelvin from National Action Network put us in a "gypsy" taxi and told them to take care of us. It was a wonderful and a fruitful group of meetings. But really enjoyed "new" friends and fell in love with New York. People were really friendly.<
><
>It was not my fault the lights went out...it was Brendas fault. I took her curling iron.It was a fluke that we left New York as our tickets were wrong and they were made for a day later and not leaving out of New York, but mistakenly Baltimore was the designation. So NEW YORK is SO EXPENSIVE, so took the train back to Baltimore...thank goodness.<
><
>But I was spoiled rotten on this trip and now am home and tired....Arlene 

brenda

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: hey there girlfriend   

for all you do, you definitely deserved to be a tad bit spoiled on this trip. Sleep all day and night if you have to. However the curling iron was not with you and can't be blamed for the outage. Remember moi has the pics of the before and after hot curlers............so I do have proof what those things are capable of........ 

say what

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: This is called BLACKMAIL my sister Brenda   

You promised......hee! to never davolge the secret of the hot rollers or the before and after........the older some get the longer it takes....you need to take responsibility that it was your curling iron......so there... 

brenda

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: whats gonna happen   

when the curling iron and the hot rollers are together

for my weekend visit ?????????? Bet you can't out do yourself and top what you did on the East Coast <
>Perhaps Plugger could be our chaperone like he tried to be in Arizona 

aprnjam

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Glad You're Back   

Glad you're back and made it through the Brown-Out without to much effort! I'm slowly recovering...KEEP your own joints is my advice! PT 5 days a week i also no fun! If you need me call, I'm ready to work again! 

plugger

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: I know when to quit   

I've given up chaperoning. Now I just collect evidence for later prosecution.<
><
>Brother P wee 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy