Author Topic: You guys are gonna LOVE this!  (Read 4380 times)

admin

You guys are gonna LOVE this!
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:58:14 PM »
RedheadedReptile

Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: You guys are gonna LOVE this!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<
><
>Now you, too, can be an Industry Shill and spend your own damned money for dialysis, too!<
><
>Permit me to explain-- AAKP is running an essay contest in which the Grand Prize is a trip to New Orleans to attend the 2003 AAKP Annual Convention. They blather on about the estimated value of the Grand Prize (round-trip transport, hotel, entrance to the Convention). OK, that's fine... but what about your DIALYSIS? They're STILL making you cough up the money for dialysis after you WON their freakin' contest! I laughed so hard I almost fell off of my chair! So I thought I'd tell you all about it so that you could have a good laugh, too! 

patient

Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: travel   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medicare would still pay for treatment anywhere in the USA (beyond that forget it). IF you can find a clinic that would have an opening, usually high vacation places such as New Orleans a patient might have a problem finding arrangements and don't forget they are having a kidney patient convention so a chair would be especially hard to find. Private pay patients are normally chained to their chair's so the clinics can milk everything they can from the insurance company.

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy