Author Topic: to post a wonderful article  (Read 1899 times)

admin

to post a wonderful article
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:13:02 PM »
Have asked permission

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: to post a wonderful article   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been in contact with Prof Robert N Sollod,he is the person that during the Senate hearings that made a sign that the Senate Committee on Aging had blown up for our hearings. He has agreed to allow us to post his articles on the web site. It is beautifully written and appreciate his letting us post this.<
><
>This is well written and he has agreed to put it on the site. It will be in the FYI and patient stories. It really gave me pause to think. <
><
>Thank you<
>Arlene<

XOXO

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: FYI   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its posted on the FYI 

jfwag

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: I have...   

...just read Robert Sollods', Tale of Chronic Serious Illness, and have found this extremely inspiring. Currently I am writing "Lois'" story, for upcoming anniversary of her passing, and this article has
ought back so many memories, both good and bad.. It is incredibaly insightfull and emotional. I want to thank him for dredging up so many feelings I must have suppressed about this disease. I didn't even have it myself but was the caregiver, among other things for Lois during her seven years of endurance of dialysis in different forms. The article has only inspired me more to continue writing about my experiences and to understand more of what lay in Lois' and others mind when suffering from this chronic illness. I especially love the "dancing on the bed" story. Like Lois you did, Robert, dance to a different beat. 

A great

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: submission   

to our cause, Prof. Sollod. Think I'll get up on my dialysis chair and dance for my rights, too! 

patiemnt

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: FYI   

So well put. Thank you! A great addition to FYI. 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy