Author Topic: WANTS OUR INPUT AND SUGGESTIONS AS AN ORGANIZATION (part c)  (Read 2182 times)

admin

WANTS OUR INPUT AND SUGGESTIONS AS AN ORGANIZATION (part c)
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:59:08 PM »

BE

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Research protocol  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read the CMS guidelines. This is standard research protocol more than legaleze. What they are attempting to do is develop a method of monitoring the patient. They are looking for research that has already been done utilizing patient outcomes. You have to first be able to measure something before you can improve upon a process. PDCA. Plan, Do, Check Act. This is a continuous cycle of product or patient improvement. They are working on the first part of this in that they are attempting to develop a patient survey. What you all should be doing is coming up with a list of relevant questions that you feel would be appropriate for this kind of survey. The responese to the questions usually use a likert scale. Strongly agree to strongly disagree. This is then statistically analyzed. Then in the future it would be analyzed again to look for improvement/going backwards using a chi test. An example of this would be cognitive scoring in an ICU.  

Curious

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Horse and Pony  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that they are not wanting to handle tough issues. Only a bandgage is for sure.<
>Why not work on the Safe Harbor? On the patient dismissals. No meat in what they are doing.  

say what

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: How much more tiem is needed?  

What about standards of care. what about choices.  

Worker Bee

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: CMS Delaying tactics, AGAIN!!!!!  

CMS, We know you are reading this and get this in your thick skulls!<
><
>ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!! :"> <
><
>NO MORE OF YOUR HORSE AND PONY SHOW!<
><
>You asked for another year to deal with our issues. Well you have had 5 years and you have done nothing but stand by and let patients die! <
> You have had 3 federal investigations into the dialysis issues and still stood by and let patients die!<
>Asking for input from patients and DE is another of your stalling tactics and we will not put up with this! <
><
>How much information do you need? You have 5 years worth!<
><
>PATEINTS ARE DYING WHILE YOU STALL! How much clearer does this have to be while you sit in your ivory towers and smear that bown stuff on your noses?<
><
>Because of your indifference and excuses, among your other delaying tactics, there WILL BE PUBLIC DEMONSTRATIONS, THE MEDIA WILL BE INVOLVED, THE PUBLIC WILL BE INFORMED!<
><
>It is out of our hands and in the hands of those who have expereince in these areas and have been proven effective in getting the message out to the public. Your delaying tactics have forced our hand. TOO MANY PATIENTS ARE DYING!<
><
>If you really want to do something, start with taking away the safe harbor these Dr's have. Stop patients from being dumped with no alternatives. THAT IS A DEATH SENTENCE. BY DOING NOTHING YOU ARE AN ACCESSORY TO MURDER!<
><
>Make it mandatory that there be full time RN's who do nothing but go to new patients and educate them ONE ON ONE about their disease and what they can do to help themselves and be an active participant in their care and future health. <
><
>Make it mandatory that each company and unit MUST OFFER HOME HEMO / SLOW NOCTURNAL to each and every patients who wants it!<
><
>Until you get off your fat butts and actually do any of the above, your words hold nothing and mean nothing to anyone.<
><
>ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Get it? :"> <
>  

Disgusted

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Worker Bee post  

Worker Bee; you have it correct. CMS has had data for years now on what is happening in the clinic. From the language that CMS is requesting more data, it is nothing more than another stalling mechanism. CMS should put together their own "quality process" from all of the information that they already have. What more information could CMS possibly need?  

Pollyanna

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: CMS is nothing but INSULTING!  

How insluting can CMS be? To have all the information COLLECTED FOR THEM over an 5 year period, have senate hearings and 3 of their own federal investigations, all telling them exactly what DE has been telling them for 5 YEARS and they still want more info? How did these people get into govenment offices? Are they really that stupid? Do they think we, the general public are that stupid? <
><
>CMS contracts / pays the Networks, yet CMS has no control over what these people do, the rules they make, how they treat patients and staff? Yet if CMS withheld payment, the Networks would go bye bye! It's our tax money that they are using to fund these atrocities! It must be stopped!<
>What can we do to get these people out of their "Ivory Towers" and in the trenches? <
><
>Hey CMS, Remember this, It is only by the grace of God that you don't have renal failure! One day it could be you or a beloved family member. Then it will really hit home!<
><
>I find their whole interaction nothing but insulting to us. I agree with the above 2 posters, enough is enough.  

I vote

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: CMS  

I vote that we just ignor CMS as they have ignored us over the last 5 years. Let the chips land where they may and then let them deal with the aftermath.<
><
>After all, they read this site and everyone who posts here has given their opinion and solutions. Hell, they can even print this off if they really have to have a hard copy!  

patientwife

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: CMS  

To "I Vote":<
><
>And, what do you propose we do while we are ignoring CMS?<
><
>And, what do you see as outcomes of your proposal(s)?<
><
>Just asking.  

I vote

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Patientwife  

To your first question:<
> Public awareness, marches and demonstrations and newspapers articles by top journalists. CMS doesn't want bad publicity.<
><
>To your second question:<
> Finally some action that will benefit patients. Standards of care. Dumping of patients and their resulting deaths prohibited. Lawsuits to stop the atrocities. Networks gone. Safe harbor gone for nephs. Patients off the stock market. Do I need to go on?<
><
>My question to you. How long do you intend to put up with their stalling tactics? Just asking.  

Enough

/>Joined: 28 Aug 2003

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Enough  

Talk talk talk. <
>When will there be a march?<
>When will there be a public protest?<
>When will there be flyers handed out?<
>When will there be articles published?<
>When will there be TV coverage?<
><
>How many of the
ave patients that did talk to reports involved in this media coverage will become just more stats?<
><
>Enough talk about what is going to happen. Lets see it.  

Planning happening now

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: We will be having one of our Reps working with National Acti  

There will be a planning session with us and with Rev Sharptons groups this coming week. They will be meeting in La and in Texas.<
><
>More will be posted on the board as the information becomes available. It will be the merging of two groups, but National Action Network will be the lead in the demonstrations. You can only have one horse leading a charge. We have been working with them and will continue to hit many States. From what my understanding is when I went to New York our Documentary will be with the marches to finish it off. They are the only organization that has stood up to the plate and we are and have worked together.<
><
>It appears that the physicians and Collom & Carney should be accountable for their actions. They thought we were kidding,this needs to be a wake up call to the whole industry...that maybe the government will allow you to dump a patient, but we wont.<
><
>I am still puzzled that the govt feels that surveys will clean up this industry, only giving them more money and to once again turn ones head. This is silly and typical of a government who wont take responsibility for the spoiled industry that they have created.<
><
>We will be letting you know when the date is known,but we didnt want to do it in the summer....so we are targeting for the fall.<
><
>Arlene<
><
>Arlene  

I didnt know

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Right vs Wrong  

I had no idea that CMS found it impossible to do the right thing and how easy it is for them to let death and destruction go on, and on and on. How long has it been now? <
>I see a parallel with what the U.S. did in WWII. We didn't interfer with Hitler or help the allies in WWII even though it was well documented what was happening in the concentration camps. No, we didn't do a thing until Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. <
><
>Am I the only one who sees the parallel? Hum.  

patientwife

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: CMS  

Personally I think we are missing an opportunity -- opportunity to "sit at the table". And, personally, I think that we can do both --- work with CMS and carry through DEO's agenda. As a team player, I will do all I can to further DEO's agenda. You can count on me. I am not a patient (primary), but I am as close as a secondary can be. What has happened to my husband has affected many lives -- mine's and all of his loved ones.<
><
>  

Worker Bee

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: CMS  

The CMS meeting was no missed opportunity! As one who has been with this organization from day 1, it was just a formality. If you think otherwise, then you bought the goods that CMS was hoping to sell you.<
><
>Once again, as with the Senate hearings, it was just a fomality to get us involved in their delaying tactics. They are not interested in change. Change will only come from outside pressure in the form of public awarness, the media, demonstrations and articles. When the public rises up in arms, then maybe, we will see actual, hard core changes. Until then, they will beg for more time, more investigations, more information. They have 5 years worth, how much more do they need?<
><
>Sorry patientwife, but we have seen it all before and have heard it all before. Those of us who have been here from the begining are very familiar with their delaying tactics. These tactics resulted in the death of 1 Senate Withness, who was threatened even before he testified. But Brent
avely stood up for his convictions and he paid the ultimate price. The other witness is on home hemo, so he still lives.<
> Their "Protection" is an empty promise. <
><
>How many more patients have to die before CMS does something? <
>Hope your husband has all the time in the world as it will take that long for CMS to do anything without pressure from the public. <
><
>Missed opportunity? I don't think so. :"> <
>  

brenda

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Brent  

might have payed the ultimate price in the threats etc. that happened prior to the hearing, and for those that happened after wards. But his death will not be in vain if I have anything to do about it. I know some people might get a little aggrivated that the issues are not being solved yesterday, and at times they feel what is the use. But we have to keep stabbiing at these people or nothing will ever happen. They will think we have given up hope. Sadly and with many of us losing loved ones from the problems, it takes time and has to be handled in certain ways. I can honestly say it took awhole lot to hold this "bleep" back when promises to Brent were not followed thru. I wantd to go get everyone of them and let them see what had happened to him. But I know I would of totally blown it for all the others possibly, and I didn't want that to happen. I made a promise to Brent -- Arlene -- and myself as well as the other family members here that I would stay with this to the end, and I am. I unfortunately like most of us, don't have the finances to be able to go all over to open my small mouth, but I do what I can with letters, faxes, calls, etc and with the help of great friends to make all aware that we are not backing down. So guys and gals, we have to keep going on this thing, and not back down no matter what. If need be take a
eak from it for a day or two, and come back stronger. We have to do this for the Brent's, Franks, Lois's and others...  

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:01:17 PM by Administrator »
"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy