Author Topic: WHEN ONE PATIENT IS DISMISSED OR LOCKED OUT  (Read 3357 times)

admin

WHEN ONE PATIENT IS DISMISSED OR LOCKED OUT
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:29:24 PM »
why is this so important

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: WHEN ONE PATIENT IS DISMISSED OR LOCKED OUT   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It goes beyond belief to me that CMS and the Senate can continue to allow patients to be dismissed or locked out.<
><
>When a patient lost her transplant, the physician in Ozard Alabama (Dodson) decided not to take her back. She wrote too many letters and he is not afraid.<
>All units in the area it appears have joined together in locking her out. This is a clinic that we have a history with attempts at dismissals. But the physician does not legally have to take her back, but I am amazed at all involved parties of the lack of humanity. I am sure they wouldnt allow it with their families for a second. I would hope that the doctors and the governement would for once take the high road.<
><
>I am beyond disappointed, not only with the doctor, but with CMS and MR. Grassley for having full knowledge of this going on for 5 years and doing nothing. <
><
> It appears that the government has and is allowing this major violations to continue, with full knowledge. To have the Senate on Finance ignore with FULL knowledge of EVERY dismissal and lockout....they have done nothing other than rhetoric. It has been 5 1'2 years since the whistle was blown.....4 Federal Investigations and many deaths and dismissals from clinics and CMS cannot even tell you where they are! Or what has happened to you. Mr. Grassley comes alive with the microphone and talks about gauze on a floor and not getting extra time on the machine. With the knowledge at the time of MANY names of patients whose rights and lives are daily at risk. The government is protecting the industry.<
><
>The lack of humanity and government oversight makes me sick. We will be doing what we need to do to embarrass those who have little empathy for their fellow man/This will not go unchallenged.<
><
>Arlene<
><

Curious 2

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: dismisals   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When will they realize they took an oath to do no harm?What company is it? Is it a chain or private? 

Where

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: in AL?   

I tried dialysisfinder.com which indicated there are no dialysis units within 100 miles of Ozard, AL or Dodson, AL and Mapquest came up with only Ozard Isle Public Use Area in Arkansas for Ozard, AL and found Dodson Branch, AL for Dodson, AL. again no dialysisfinder.com listing.<
><
>What'cha talking 'bout Willis? 

say what

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Its Ozark Alabama   

I think this is the Gam
o unit there. 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy