Author Topic: this is confusing  (Read 3795 times)

admin

this is confusing
« on: October 14, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »
twirl

Posted: 06 Aug 2009 00:20    Post subject: this is confusing     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do people not much post on this website ?
like some go as far back as 2006
or am I missing how to see all the posts

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

Re: this is confusing
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »
plugger

Posted: 06 Aug 2009 01:03    Post subject:     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Twirl,

I'm Chris, the website has been down for awhile and we are bringing it back up while we work on a new website. Our old internet community has drifted off, hopefully it won't be long before we get things going again. We do have a surprise coming that ought to be interesting - so stayed tuned!

Anyway, I can say I got involved in this organization back in 2000 when my daughter came down with kidney disease - been quite the roller coaster ride, both with her and the organization. But we aim to be more mellow these days.

I was pretty excited when Arlene (one of the original founders) offered me a chance to take over the reins of the organization. We have accomplished some things I'm very proud of, and more is in the planning stages.

It has been bumpier getting started than I anticipated, the worst has been death threats from my wife. She thinks I've been spending too much time on the computer. Anyway, the rest of the folks who offered to help should be along shortly.

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »
plugger

Posted: 06 Aug 2009 01:13    Post subject:     

P.S. We do have spell check. Some things may not work as you expect though, we are a bit bare bones right now - busy webmaster.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: 09 Sep 2009 09:37    Post subject: Re: this is confusing     

Don't worry Twirl, some of us members are still around. ;) I have been here since 2007 though ..not 2006.

Arundhati Roy