Author Topic: Welcome, I'm Chris  (Read 6038 times)

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
Welcome, I'm Chris
« on: December 04, 2009, 07:06:09 PM »
Hi, I'm Chris: CEO of the organization, web administrator, webmaster, and chief bottle-washer.

I got involved in all this when my daughter came down with kidney disease back in 2000.  She spent about 6 months on hemodialysis before getting her transplant and has been hanging onto it ever since.  I went on the web back then and found dialysisethics.  I was quite shocked by what they had to say and had a hard time believing it at first; but after reading all kinds of stats, articles from some distinguished people, and seeing many unhappy stories repeated over and over again I didn't have much choice to believe it.  And if anybody can convince me all the articles and stats I've put on the site are wrong, you will be doing me the biggest favor.

However, we believe things will get better - if they haven't started already - and we want to make DialysisEthics.org part of that change - and meet some new friends along the way.

As for myself, I'm currently working a full-time job and will devote as much time to this as I can - wife says I already devote too much.  I should mention besides the wife and daughter I also have two sons.

The object we have is to be here to help, not only by coming together and meeting on this board, but also allowing our friends who work more in the background to be involved.  Even when the website was shutdown we had people asking us for help, we figure we can help even more by having a web presence.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:11:07 AM by cschwab »
Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

angieskidney

Re: Welcome, I'm Chris
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »
Hi Chris! It is good to hear about your background! :) Thanks for having me here. :)

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »
And I can't say thank you enough for all the help you have been, so how about one more time!  Thank you!  At least we have a mutual admiration society going on.
Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

angieskidney

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »
And I can't say thank you enough for all the help you have been, so how about one more time!  Thank you!  At least we have a mutual admiration society going on.

Haha yeah nice! :)  :A