Author Topic: medical transport co. requiring intimate photos to document why need transport  (Read 2694 times)

wendy

• Email
My sister's ambulance transport company has announced they are going to photograph all of their transports to document why need to be transported, i.e., bed sores (ulcers), etc.  This cannot be legal!  My sisters issues are internal, i.e., brittle  bones, 2 hip replacements, a shattered femur, torn rotator cuff.  So I don't know what they think they'll get.

I've told Jill to give them a copy of the xray of her leg which shows screws, bolts, plates, etc.

Someone please tell me how they think they can do this.  It's outrageous.  I would think if a doctor signs a certificate of medical necessity thatshould be enough.

Wendy

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog

I would think if a doctor signs a certificate of medical necessity that should be enough.

Wendy

It should be!  I hope they come to their senses real soon!  Funny how when cost-cutting comes around the powers-that-be want to cut things for those who can afford it least - ok, maybe not that funny.
Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

angieskidney

Sounds like they (the ambulance transport company) are just interested in covering their own butts to me ..