Author Topic: In the works!  (Read 1208 times)

admin

In the works!
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »
Lin

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: In the works!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This company has a new version of home hemo machine that can travel with you, and uses sorbent technology; you don't need add ons for water tx.. It's supposed to be easier to set up, takes up less space, and is easier to use. Is supposedly a much improved version of the old Redy machine. Check it out! Going for FDA approval.<
>renalsolutionsinc.com/ 

*************************************************************************       

Marty

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Hopeful   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be nice and I hope the machine is successful. One of the issues with home hemo dialysis is the need to go in center if traveling. It would be nice to know you could travel and just take your machine with you. More personal freedom......... 

jfwag

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Seems...   

a heck of alot simpler than the old F2008H...wow...not up much on this Sorbent Technology, though. 

*************************************************************************       

Lin

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: I read   

that it's the newer user friendly version of the old Redy. In fact I think the technology rights might have come from them. In any case, I hope it flies. Sorbent is concentrates used to run the tx.. It could solve so many of the problems that those wanting to do home hemo have. If we had a machine that required a minimum of training to use, no upgrades or changes made to home, no extra space needed, no water tx. in home, and plus it could travel, how could they not offer it to us? Lin. 

Marty

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Plain & Simple   

This is how they can afford not to offer it to patients. It will have to be purchased by centers. If they don't want to start a home program and the machines cost more than in-center machines they won't buy them for in-center use. Also if more treatments per week aren't paid for there will be little incentive to offer home hemo. Last but not least if more patients don't become interested in doing their own treatments their will be no incentive to buy the machines for just a few. I think we all know quantity buying is cheaper. I personally am all for this machine, not to mention it will cut down on the patients water bills substantially. However, the control or purchase of these machines will be up to the centers so I don't hold my
eath. This isn't meant to be pessimistic just more a less an statement of fact as I see it. 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy