Author Topic: IT APPEARS THAT TWO HEARINGS HAVE BEEN REQUESTED  (Read 1228 times)

admin

IT APPEARS THAT TWO HEARINGS HAVE BEEN REQUESTED
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:50:12 PM »
Congressman requested hea

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: IT APPEARS THAT TWO HEARINGS HAVE BEEN REQUESTED  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears that Congressman Brian Baird of Washington State has requested two hearings on the dialysis issues. Thank you Honorable Brian Baird.<
><
>It appears that finally someone is taking this serious. The address of the Chairs are the following. Please write, as we will be in DC on Oct. 16 & 17. <
><
>1st Committee is:<
>The Honorable Bill Thomas<
>Chairman<
>Committee on Ways and Means<
>1102 Longworth HOB<
>Washington, DC 20515<
><
>The Ranking Member is :<
><
>Honorable Charles Rangel<
>Ranking Member<
>Committee on Ways and Means<
>1106 Longworth HOB<
>Washington DC 20515<
><
>2nd Committee:<
><
>The Honorable Billy Tauzin<
>Chairman<
>Committee on Energy and Commerce<
>2125 Rayburn HOB<
>Washington DC 20515<
><
>The Honorable John Dingell<
>Ranking Member<
>Committee on Energy and Commerce<
>2125 Rayburn HOB<
>Washington, DC 20515<
><
>A big Thankyou to <
>Honorable Brian Baird<
>1421 Longworth HOB<
>Washington DC 20515<
><
> Get busy educating <
><
>Arlene<
><
>  

***********************************************************************************    

Bill Peckham

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Brian Baird  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say that I think Rep Baird is a great guy and a wonderful Congressman. Arlene you are lucky that you get to vote for him. I spoke to Rep Baird two weeks ago when I was in Washington and he visited the Northwest Kidney Centers and had a tour last week.<
><
>The man is well informed, speaks his mind (even if he knows what he has to say isn't what you want to hear) but, and this is the incredible part, listens to counter arguments and is open to changing his mind. I believe if Congressman Baird was a typical Representative to Congress these issues would have been addressed long ago.<
>        <
>  

***********************************************************************************      

I agree

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Rep Brian Baird  

I have been working with him since August. He has been educated with documents and by not just taking ones word, but actually took the time to talk to our reporter to find out what is going on. <
><
>I am excited as this is a very positive position for the patients to be in. We are blessed...Arlene  

brenda

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: sent email to Baird  

Sent this email a few minutes ago to thank him for his time. Will mail a few more tomorrow :<
><
>Congressman Baird :<
><
>Even though I am not in your state, I want to take a moment and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your concerns with the situation involving Dialysis issues. I wish some of the Politicians in my state would show some concern. My
other Brent was one of the Senate Witness's back in 2000, and was promised so much by two Senators in particular, but when he contacted the Senators with the threats he received after, it fell on deaf ears. Guess the absence of cameras and media didn't make it all that important anymore. He wanted to believe as we all do, that Government elected personal really care for those that put them in office.He was a man who kept his word and expected others to do the same.Unfortunately he went to his grave as others have before him and after him, finding out that actions speak louder then words. <
> Perhaps with you involved something more will happen and words won't fall on deaf ears.We don't need to bury any more of our extended family.<
>I thank you for your concern and time.<
><
>Brenda <
><
><
>  

Bettcha the GAO will be r

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Suprise Senate!  

Making a bet that the GAO will be released soon, and that Sen Grassley is not going to be outdone.  

Pollyanna

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Grassley  

Screw Grassley, his side kick and Wyden! They have known about the abuses in dialysis for 4+ years yet has done nothing. Grassley takes Amgen money for re-election and who knows how many other dialysis industry companies he has had his hand out to or in their pockets. It has been very clear that the Senate hearings of 2000 was his attempt to placate and shut us up. He's on the side of the industry and we will make sure that the whole country knows how little he values human life, esp. those who are American citizens who have voted for him in the past. Same goes for his side kick and Wyden. It's time to remove the old fossilized way of doing politics and get new blood in. Blood that really does care about every American and will help protect the civil and human rights our citizens are guarenteed.  

Bitch 2

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Grass;y and Wyden  

have met their match. And most of us here don't have a vote in their repsective state. But we do have mouth's and friends.......... On a personal note would rather torture them both in such a painful way........  

FYI

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Sen Grassley and Wyden  

I have to be the first to say that with these two it has been personal. One for not doing anything, and Wyden for firing the patients twice...clearly with both it is do not bother me, you have no money or voting block. So they have shown their colors on numberous occasions.<
><
>I for one am going to put the bitterness behind me for now and continue on the high road. This is winnable and do able. They have their own consciences to deal with and answering to the press. I will never understand, but all I need to do is continue moving one foot forward towards change daily.<
><
>So lets get moving forward and get those stories out to the Congressman. This is where we are right now. Grassley can hang on to his GAO report, as he will have to answer why this wasnt important enough. Let the press take care of them. <
><
>We are now entering another level, and we will be busy in DC, but we now need to be more politically correct as our information says it all. <
><
>Arlene  

Pollyanna

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: It will be interesting to see.....  

how Grassley, his side kick, and Wyden explain to their peers, the voters and the media as to why

they didn't do anything about the abuses. Esp. since they have known about this for sooooo... long. <
><
>Yes, let the media take care of them. Lets see what these new hearings will produce and get the word out to the media and public. The future is sure going to be interesting. <
><
> Maybe, just maybe we finally have some congressmen who really do care about the dialysis families in their states and will educate themselves and actually help protect the civil and human rights of these patients who are at risk. Let's not only educate them, but give them a chance to do the right thing for the right reasons! <
><
>We gave Grassley, his side kick, and Wyden way to much time to do nothing. Too many patients have died and we know from experience how good their word is. Hope this new blood will make the right choices.  

leadsag

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: hearing?  

Is this hearing scheduled yet? If so, when? Do we need to send letters again or can the ones we sent to Dialysis Ethics be forwarded to these senators?  

FYI

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Letters  

It would be preferred if you can send it directly to them. However, we would love a copy.<
><
>Heard from the Senate Committee on Finance today, they appear to be now taking this more seriously. Will be up in Washington DC and will be really busy. <
><
>I will be dropping off documents to the Committees and will be meeting with the press and others. It will be a busy time.<
><
>Arlene  

Update

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Hearings  

Was contacted yesterday from the Senate Committee on Finance...it appears that they are going to ask for the 'accurate' statistics on dumpings. CMS is going to be asked for info and the interworkings of how this can happen.<
><
>Looks as if it will be finger pointing time. <
><
>Arlene  

brenda

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Hey older sis-----  

sounds as if they are still trying to get all the facts then decide what the hell to do huh ? If anyone can get it together, know you and the others are way on top of things. BTW, still working on getting the time off, okay for Thursday with work , but the Friday thing is getting pretty bad looking :"> , but since one fly's stand by over the wing anyway, can still be a last minute thing. Will let you know..........  

plugger

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: email?  

I was wondering if it was getting a little late to send the snail mail? I just thought it would be handy to give out a site for sending email. Of course if DE doesn't want us to email, you can always delete this (ah, just like the old days-some days it was hard to keep up with me). <
><
>www.congress.org/congressorg/home/  

plugger

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: P.S.  

To email the above reps, go to the website I've listed above. To the right of the box for entering zip codes, there is link that says U.S. Congress. Click on that and enter the last names of the reps as requested.  

leadsag

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: delete  

Plugger - things get deleted on here? Oh my  

brenda

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Miracles can happen....  

Cubs this close to a World Series....... ........ Changes in the Dialysis world.....ah one does believe in miracles.....anything is possible..... I say we really hit them hard the begining of the week with faxes-emails.  

me2

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: faxes on way ie email.eom  

will email my story. its going to get interesting to say the least.<
>Good luck in DC.  

Good luck

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Good luck in DC  

Heres hoping.  

FRN

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: DEO in DC  

Best Wishes to our people who are going to DC today. They are meeting with various media personel and others who are very much interested in helping get the story out to the public. Our people will also lobby our congressmen and women while in our country's capitol. The flyer will be handed out to those who have an interest in the abuses that are happening in the dialysis industry and the various conections to our very own govenment. Needless to say it will be very interesting in the next few weeks and months.  

brenda

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: best wishes  

with lots of go get'ums to those heading to DC. Wish I could of gotten off to go with but not in the cards this trip. We will stay here with you all in our thoughts...  

plugger

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:10 am    Post subject: get 'em gang  

Here is hoping the government is ready to hammer out something tangible.<
><
>(and yes Leadsag, I've heard rumors sometimes people will post some rude and vile things - any rumors that I've posted with same are unfounded)  

plugger

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: P.S  

Oh, and my website for those who haven't

seen it.<
><
>sky.prohosting.com/cschwab/  

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy