Author Topic: We're listening to You...Gambro is At Your Service  (Read 3782 times)

admin

We're listening to You...Gambro is At Your Service
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »
Advertisement in RENALIFE

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: We're listening to You...Gambro is At Your Service   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone have you seen Gam
o's ad in the July issue of RENALIFE? It lists a toll free # if you have questions on Gam
o units. One of the questions in the ad is , "What educational programs do you offer patients?". I'd sure like to know the answer to that one as my Gam
o unit offers no education programs whatsoever lol! Hey maybe we should give em a call and see what they have to say. No doubt the phone lines will be manned by minimum wage worKers with canned speech replies. Well here's the # - 1-877-842-6276. Let's all give em a call and report back to the board what they say 

FYI

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: THE COW IS OUT OF THE BARN!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that its about time that these companies woke up. However, what is on paper or promises are little to nothing if they are not honored.<
><
>I feel that this is going to get interesting in the next few months. It is going to be interesting when all the news hits and the marches cross the nation.<
><
>Sad to say, but I feel that the industry can thank the company of Collom and Carney Clinics Associations for a perfect example of the lack of patient rights. Also the DaVita clinic in Oakland California (Peralta). The Second Amended compant for Breach of Contract, Violation of Civil Rights, Negligence,Prima Facie Tort by witholding scarce medical resources without cause,Cartwright Act,Unfair business practices,Unruh Act, to name a few,plus other.This is a huge law firm that is national they are responsible for the Agent Orange and other high profile lawsuits. The lawyers are well aware now,as we share all documents. This is only one of the law firms that are being educated.<
><
>Now we have this clinic possibly on Civil Rights Violations also. This mans complaining got him kicked out of the unit. His charges for being dumped are the following from the Amended filing:<
>Mr.xxx complained to the staff and management of Davita Peralta Renal Center about the diminished quality of care,and the substandard quality of care which resulted from DaVita program to reduce costs. In a survey by the Alameda County Department of Public Healthin 1999,all 13 Davita Peralta Renal Center patient queried by the County complained about the decreasing quality og care, and the County further found numerous hazardous conditions,including the absence of required medical staff and unsanitary conditions. Subsequent surveys confirmed the continuation of illegal conditions such as lack of required staff and unsanitary conditions.<
><
>25, Mr.xxx furher suggested that the patients organize a group to voice their complaints collectively,a suggestion made known to management of the Davita Peralta Renal Center. TO BE CONTINUED;<
><
>The lawsuit is against HealthNet Insurance Company,Hill Physicians Medical Group,Davita,Inc,Davita Peralta Renal Center,Anita Carstensen MD, and does go through one to 30,inclusive.<
><
>This group of attorneys are interested in looking into other cases. It appears that when all one has to do is to do what is right, one should realize that they have nothing to fear. But the above group has chosen to take the same path as did DaVita. It appears that the government feels they can not do anything, but it appears that we have been educating attorneys and the press. The march will go forward, but our patient in Texarkana still has not had help finding a place. It is going to get interesting, it appears that many sources are looking at the ESRD NETWORKS and what their role has been. It is called Public Awareness, and documents. Realize that cleaning up their houses that it is too late. There usually is no honor among thieves.<
><
>Just hold on guys and gals, this insanity could stop today if the government gets rid of the self policing and letting patients be dumped with the only crime is questioning. We have strong allies that are insensed that the government has stood by and let the ESRD NETWORK do nothing to protect the patients. It can be done today. Whose the government afraid of? Can it be the industry money in their coffers? Cant get voted in if you allow this to continue. <
><
>Arlene<

FYI

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: They all were not accountable until now   

I think that was true in the beginning. It appeared that the government with even 3 Federal Investigations,Senate Hearings, they simply felt they could keep a lid on this.<
><
>It has taken much hard work and all of us banning together and the word is getting out. The government has killed many press stories I am sure. But the fact is that we have less than 2 months and this will be public. Remember then we will find many people that have endured the horrors of dialysis. Many of the patients do not have the internet,but have tv's and it will be on the news. There is no reason why this has been allowed to happen for the 5 years we have been seeking justice, what about the patients for over 30 years that this has been happening. The only reason that this got out was that we went directly to the Senate Committee on Aging, it didnt take a rocket scientist to realize that the complaint was going back to the industry. This has been no secret, but am still amazed that this has not been cleaned up or even making those who have allowed this to happen to not be accountable. I personally have tried to work with the government and they have done nothing to date. Until the self-policing stops, this will continue. The ESRD NETWORKS not once have sided with the patient in ANY of our cases. I am still waiting for the ESRD NETWORK to find out the definition of Advocacy, in one of our cases from several months ago Then the Texas Network decided that they needed to know what one was also. Allowing the patients to be at risk, in clear violation of their rights.<
><
>The funny thing is that we are trying to alert the government to the issues that they dont want to hear, and it still sides with the industry. They dont realize that we are frustrated with them. One must not be upset with the government. But you know this is MY government also, and they need to hear from citizens that are simply fighting for patient rights under the laws of the land.<
><
>It appears that the Texas case and the Alameda County case will
ing light to the Civil Right violations and the lack of human dignity on Federal Dollars. In a sad way, the docs and CEo of Texas and the government for doing nothing has played into the lawyers and press's hands. Remember we went to the government first, they simply can make this group accountable. It is election year and it is going public. We are training lawyers and journalist, the expose will say it all.....Texas just made it easier. I personally feel that the backlash of patients will cause the necessary changes to happen, and the lawsuits. God has been good to us.<
>Arlene 

Unknown

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Unknown   

(This post is missing and can not be restored) 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy