Author Topic: Why Does DaVita Not Accept Pt's in MI  (Read 3584 times)

admin

Why Does DaVita Not Accept Pt's in MI
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:36:03 PM »
Refused Patient in Michig

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject: Why Does DaVita Not Accept Pt's in MI   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does DaVita discriminate on which patients it will accept in MI? Because our insurance will not pay them the BIG BUCKS that they want for reimbursement. Recently there have been 4 of us denied treatment in MI because we are not HIPPERS. A "HIPPER" by DaVita terms is a patient who has great insurance coverage that they can overbill for the dialysis charges. Dual standards at the "Provider of Choice". What a bunch of crap. They bend over backwards for these "HIPPERS" and treat the rest of the patients like dogs. 

leadsag

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Hippers   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds unethical. Have you forwarded the details to Arlene(Dialysis Ethics) for assistance? 

Wellness Plan Patient in

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: DaVita Dumping in Michigan   

I have just been informed by the staff of the DaVita facility where I receive treatment that effective IMMEDIATELY that I can no longer receive treatments at any Michigan DaVita facility because my insurer is The Wellness Plan of Michigan. It seems that the insurer is in financial problems and DaVita severed ties with them. The DaVita management tells me to go to Gam
o to get my treatments. My doctor (former doctor as of now) will not take my call because he says he doesn't want to get involved. <
>I thought DaVita translated to "He/She Gives Life. But I think it stands for "They Are Only In The Business for MONEY".<
>This will be a major issue here in Michigan. My next call is the the local media.<
>Sincerely,<
>Pissed Off In Michigan:"> :"> :"> > 

patient

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: The Wellness Plan of Michigan   

I would ask DaVita exactly what kind of financial problems they are having with The Wellness Plan of Michigan. If this is your primary insurance carrier DaVita may need to negotiate a new rate or Wellness Plan owes back claims. It is unusual for a corporate raider to turn away a patient that has private insurance since employer based private health insurance normally pays more than Medicare. 

Wellness Plan Patient

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Wellness Plan Dumping Continues In Michigan   

I spoke to the unit social worker that wouldn't offer an explaination as to why DaVita was pushing us out the door to Gam
o. The facility administrator wouldn't even talk to us, she just went the other way to avoid us. I guess all the warm and fuzzies that DaVita tries to sell us means nothing.<
>This will get ugly real soon in Michigan. Please pray to God for us. Thank you. 

Medicare pays

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Davita, greedy little bastards!   

Davita is stupid for dumping you patients. So what if your insurance company won't pay, Medicare still does so they would still collect from Medicare. Something is very fishy here.<
><
>Davita used to be Total Renal Care and they changed their name after they nearly went bankrupt. If you read the financials, they have one of the highest debt ratios of any dialysis provider out there. If any dialysis provider was to go under, they would most likely be one of the first to go. 

DaVita

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Im not understanding   

Is DaVita telling you to go to Gam
o? Are they keeping only some patients..Hippers? Or are they simply showing the Medicare only patients to Gam
o? Are they shutting down the DaVIta clinic? Leaving the clinic? What about the Doctors? Are they still in the clinic with patients, or are the ones going to Gam
o having to get new doctors? <
>Whats the story? 

Wellness Plan Patient

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: DaVita Dumping Patients   

DaVita in Michigan is NOT accepting any new patients covered by The Wellness Plan and are steering them to Gam
o. For the current patients covered by the Wellness Plan they have been told that when their insurance is up for renewal they must find another insurer or go elsewhere. 

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy