Author Topic: MEMORIAL BRENT L. SMITH NOV.14,1955-SEPT. 21,2001  (Read 4869 times)

admin

MEMORIAL BRENT L. SMITH NOV.14,1955-SEPT. 21,2001
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:42:44 PM »
In Memory

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: MEMORIAL BRENT L. SMITH NOV.14,1955-SEPT. 21,2001   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Loving memory to a fallen hero.<
><
>We came in peace<
> for all mankind...<
>some nights,when the sky is just right,<
> And your soul knows no bounds....<
>In doing so,yu realize how far man has to go.<
>Our journey has just begun....<
><
>written by Brent to his mother over 20 years ago.<

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

Re: MEMORIAL BRENT L. SMITH NOV.14,1955-SEPT. 21,2001
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
brenda

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Tears in Heaven   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday Brother---your journey with DE started a few years back, mine the last few. I will stay with it til the end. Wish will all my heart that you were still at our side, but we will see this thru for you and all the other heros that stood up for themselves. Love you always..<

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
he had my admiration

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Happy Birthday Brent   

I pray for you his family to always be able to carry his banner and see the victory for his and your efforts. And I will stand with you to the end too. God Bless you!

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
plugger

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Still hard to believe he is gone   

He set an example that is hard to follow. When I get tired of it all, I remember the way he wouldn't quit. He definitely had a strong spirit. 

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 05:46:42 PM »
plugger

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Someone to remember   

I thought it would be a good time to reminisce about people who are definitely missed around here:

"My name is Brent Smith. My exposure to the dialysis industry began in 1973, two weeks before my 18th birthday. A year later, I received my first transplant which was from my mother. Two months later, the kidney failed due to infection, and I returned to dialysis. In 1977, I received a second transplant from my grandmother. That transplant succumbed to complications in 1990. I returned to dialysis in the fall of that year. Soon after, it became all too clear that the entity providing treatment, its administration, the support staff, and many of the standard procedures with which I was familiar had changed drastically."

Rest of Brent Smith's US Senate testimony:
http://www.geocities.com/kelseylynn23/Testimony.html

Website dedicated to Brent Smith:
http://www.geocities.com/kelseylynn23/

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »
Arlene
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Brent Smith   

I remember Brent's sister telling me that Brent always felt connected to Bumble Bees. With their wing spread and bodies, it was impossible for them to fly...yet they could.

Arundhati Roy