Author Topic: more members  (Read 5638 times)

admin

more members
« on: October 14, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
twirl

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 00:58    Post subject: more members     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what can be done to get more members and get this website busy :P

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

Re: more members
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
plugger

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 05:02    Post subject:     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking I'm going to have to finish the new website and get a little more time to spread the word a bit for one thing.

Things have been a bit hectic lately.

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »
tyefly

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 02:05    Post subject:     

I'm a new member...... :lol:

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 06:10:42 PM »
plugger

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 04:14    Post subject:     

Our membership is growing by leaps and bounds - you've accounted for a huge percentage move! :lol:

I'll get to rounding up more people as things progress - if anybody wants to tell their friends to drop by that is fine too. We've been working hard on that new website I keep promising and it was occupying a lot of my time, but I'm close to finishing what I can on my end - crossing my fingers it will be ready to launch when we are ready.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 06:11:18 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: 09 Sep 2009 09:49    Post subject:     

Plugger, I gave you my list of ideas to bring more visitors on my forums but I just saw this topic now and thought since you are so busy I will also post some ideas here (it only makes sense and I realize posting will help in general at this stage as well) ;)

Here are some ideas (I got some new ones when I came back to visit and see sometimes still not working):

1. Fix things not working .. like quote .. doesn't quote but just puts code in the post. Maybe take the button out if it doesn't work? Oh .. the url button doesn't work neither ..

2. Clean up the members list .. even though it might look good to have a lot of members .. it backfires when the members are spam bots.

3. Advertise by making a quick simple blog (I said I would give you a list but now that I am typing this I don't think I ended up doing that! Oops! I have been so busy myself!!)

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 06:11:53 PM »
plugger

Posted: 09 Sep 2009 18:32    Post subject:     

Thanks again Angie! We are coming out of battle station mode for now, so I might get sometime to think about the technical stuff.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 19:13    Post subject:     

Quote from: plugger
Thanks again Angie! We are coming out of battle station mode for now, so I might get sometime to think about the technical stuff.

If you need any help watching for spam, just let me know as I am associated with StopForumSpam and I add spammer IP's to a block list to protect forums around the world.

Also once you get everything up and ready for publicity remember to submit to search engines and put your site in your signature. I can also post about it on my forums and put your site in my site's links page as well as on KidneyFun's links page.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »
plugger

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 23:03    Post subject:     

You and your friends are some kind of technical whizzes from everything I've seen! Remind me to keep you happy and on our side!

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 05:12    Post subject:     

Quote from: plugger
You and your friends are some kind of technical whizzes from everything I've seen! Remind me to keep you happy and on our side!

haha not really technical whizzes ;) .. just that we have had the time to learn this stuff with our own forums. ;)

Arundhati Roy