Author Topic: Hello from Dublin (Ireland)...  (Read 27559 times)

admin

Hello from Dublin (Ireland)...
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »
Darthvadar

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Hello from Dublin (Ireland)...   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all....

Just registered... Saw a link on another site, and thought I'd pop in and say a big 'Hello' to you all, and tell you how much I appreciate the time and effort put into this site, and others like it... The people who run them are unsung heros... Where else would you get the warts and all truth!...

My name is Carolyn... I'm forty-five years old, wheelchair user, single but open to offers, (Gentlemen, shall I take your running to the hills screaming. as a 'No' then???) and I'm caring for my mum who is in ESRF since May '07...

My mum is Elsie... Seventy-two years old, wheelchair user...

Mum was on Haemo for about thirteen months, but it became VERY stressful... Now on CAPD... Doing MUCH better on this... Despite two serious bouts of Peretonitis (Last Christmas I was discussing her funeral with a priest on Christmas Eve!)...

I'm very much looking forward to geting to know everyone, and thank you for accepting me into your community...

Darth...

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

Re: Hello from Dublin (Ireland)...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:21:02 PM »
plugger

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't run Carolyn! Some men are intimidated by a strong woman, but not me. (I'm thinking about my wife now, ok I do get intimidated)

I'm Chris and I've been a part of this organization since 2000. My daughter is the one with kidney disease, spent some months on hemodialysis and has a transplant now. She is doing fine now and that is the main thing.

Anyway, the organization is bringing back it's internet presence and we are trying to get things started again - been like an old car.

I talked to our Involved_RN and she will be answering your question on CAPD soon.

Always good to see an international visitor!

"Like me, you could.....be unfortunate enough to stumble upon a silent war. The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing,becomes as political an act as speaking out. Either way, you're accountable."

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »
Darthvadar

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject:   

Hi Chris..

Ah go on... Do run... I like a good chase!!!!.... I use a powered wheelchair, and I promise I'll only break one of your feet when I catch up with you!... And as I'm such a nice person, I'll even let you chose which foot I run over!....

Bet your mum can make you squirm, too... Something most women are good at... But we love you really! ...

Thank you very much for your welcome... It was your post on another site about dismissal of a patient that linked me into this one...

Great to hear that your daughter's doing well... Mum was on haemo for about a year and was miserable... Needling problems were awful... Despite the two near misses with peretonitis, she's doing well on CAPD, thank God!...

I look forward to the advice from your RN... Much appreciated!....

Darth...

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:22:10 PM »
plugger

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject:   

Only one foot! You are nicer than my wife! We have been together 30 years - I'm afraid to leave.

I'm glad you stopped by! I needed the laugh. This dealing with a dismissed patient hasn't been funny. But I'm getting some good mentoring and the lady doing most of it, Arlene, is a pro.

Anyway, take of yourself and your Mum and I looked forward to hearing more from you.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »
Darthvadar

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject:   

Flipping Hell, Chris...

Your poor wife... 30 years???... If she murdered you, the judge wouldn't give her 30 years!... Talk about the poor woman serving a life sentence! :)

I wish you the very best of luck with your work on the dismissed patient... Arlene sounds like one hell of a woman!...

Thanks again for the welcome... And say 'Hello' to your poor, long-suffering wife for me!...

Darth...

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »
plugger

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject:   

My wife says 'Hello' back! I think insanity keeps us together (ok, more so on her part than mine).

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »
Darthvadar

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject:   

Yes... Hmmmmm..... Yes Chris...

I suspected insanity... After all could anybody sane stay married to you???.... Miiiaaaoow!...

Darth!!!!...

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 06:24:01 PM »
plugger

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject:   

Ouch!! Lucky for me though, eh?

Anyway, I just talked to Involved_RN and she is trying to answer your question, but her computer sounds like it is being a pain. If worse comes to worse she will email me the reply and I'll post it.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 06:24:44 PM »
Darthvadar

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject:   

Sorry Chris.... Couldn't resist that!!!!.... I'm not known as That B***h in the Wheelchair' for nothing, you know!!!.... Hee Hee!!!!!....

That would be BRILLIANT to get some advice on the protein... I'm managing to get some meat, eggs and cheese into Mum, but it's an uphill battle, so a supplement of some kind might be a good back-up plan!...

Thanks Chris, and if it's easier, you could give the RN my email address...

May God bless and protect you and yours...

Darth....

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »
plugger

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject:   

Quote from: Darthvadar
Sorry Chris.... Couldn't resist that!!!!.... I'm not known as That B***h in the Wheelchair' for nothing, you know!!!.... Hee Hee!!!!!....

Darth....

I can relate, hard to believe - someone as sweet and loveable as me, but I've enjoyed being a jerk a time or two. I just have to watch out, at times I've had a misfire with what I believe is my God-given talent - being annoying as h*ll.

It looks like Involved_RN can log in now and she did provide you an answer. She is a sweet lady and I think you will like her.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 06:25:42 PM »
Darthvadar

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject:   

Thanks Chris....

Oh so you're normally like me then???... Quiet, shy, retiring, shrinking violet???... Yes Chris, I believe you... Thousands wouldn't!!!!....

Just read and replied to RN's suggestion.... Excellent!...

Thanks again.....

Darth....

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »
plugger

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject:   

We are misunderstood. I wish you and your Mum the best! Way too many medical "adventures" going on; I say adventure when other bad, nasty words try to enter my vocabulary. Do stop by now and then to chat. I looked for your email in the memberlist to give to Involved_RN, but I didn't see it and that could be on purpose - which might be a good idea with all the spammers and whatnot. I'm using the following email until it gets too full of doody: chriss.deo.ceo@gmail.com. You can send your email there and I'll send it off to Involved_RN.

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »
Darthvadar

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject:   

Quote from: plugger
We are misunderstood. I wish you and your Mum the best!

Exactly Plugger.... I just got into Bad Company... Just look at the site I've joined!... Hee Hee!!!!!!....

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
Angieskidney

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject:   

Hi Carolyn! Nice to meet you! :)

Arundhati Roy

admin

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 06:27:26 PM »
plugger

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject:   

Carolyn,

I understand, old habits die hard! By the way, Angie runs a mighty fine site too! http://kidneykorner.com/ The more, the merrier.

Arundhati Roy