Author Topic: feel discriminated against at my center  (Read 6233 times)

sullidog

• Email
feel discriminated against at my center
« on: February 21, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »
I feel like I'm being a bit discriminated against at my center.
Let me explain why. First of all I want to let you all know I've been on dialysis since May of this year. I'm totally blind. First of all I can't see the machine which means I can't see if they are doing my treatment right, etc. I can still urinate, in fact, I urinate so much that I never swell and they don't have to take off fluid. In fact my doctor has a standing order against the center that no fluid is to be taken off. Well the techs like to bypass that order, They will tell me they aren't taking off fluid however later in treatment I start to feel dizzy and stuff and the tech will come over and say I'll put you at minimum. I'm like well I thought you weren't taking off fluid in the first place? Then they'll come up with some dum excuse, like one day and this is no joke it was the weekend and I had put on wait but it wasn't fluid wait and the tech said looks like someones been drinking this weekend (they meant drinking as in drinking alcohol) and I said no I don't drink please don't take off fluid so she said she wouldn't. Well when I started to crash I asked I thought you guys weren't taking off fluid? She said well we had to to get rid of the alcohol. Now folks I don't drink and never will. I feel they are bypassing the doctors orders and just doing whatever the heck they want with my treatmnet since I can't see the machine. Also when my machine alarms I will ask what it means and they will say don't worry about it. Now just recently they have put me in a corner all by myself and hardley ever check on me then when I need a nurse they never come unless I make the machine alarm.
I feel they are messing with my health and just taking advantage of me cause I can't see the machine. What do you all think?
Thanks,
Troy

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
Re: feel discriminated against at my center
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
Hi Troy,

Techs going "rogue", what's next?  Troy, can you give me a little time?  I'll see what can be done in this sort of situation.

Chris
Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »
Troy,

I just sent you an email concerning your problem.

Best Regards!
Chris
Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

angieskidney

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
I am glad you are here Troy! Hope DialysisEthics can help you!  :thumbs: I know how it feels when you should NOT have fluid taken off and the unit by passes that order. That same thing happened to me (but in my case it was when I had to continue doing dialysis after a transplant and they were dehydrating the new kidney). Hope things are better for you now. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:35:37 PM by Angie »