Author Topic: Congressional replies  (Read 5122 times)

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
Congressional replies
« on: March 13, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
Thought it would be good to start a section for any replies we might receive.  Our reps would most likely like the recognition and we would like to see they are paying attention.

Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
Rep. Joe Wilson - South Carolina, 2nd district
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding H.R. 1458, the "Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2009."  I appreciate your taking the time to write.

I understand your concerns and welcome your interest in this matter.  On March 12, 2009, Representative Dave Camp (MI-4) introduced this legislation, and I am proud to be a cosponsor.  Since then, H.R. 1458 has been referred to the House Committees on Energy and Commerce, Ways and Means, and Education and Labor for further consideration.  As you may know, H.R. 1458 would provide continued entitlement coverage for immunosuppressive drugs furnished to beneficiaries under the Medicare Program that have received a kidney transplant and whose entitlement to coverage would otherwise expire.  Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this legislation come before me in Committee or on the House floor.

It is an honor to represent the people of the Second Congressional District of South Carolina, and I value your input.

If I may be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very truly yours,

Joe Wilson
                                                                           Member of Congress

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
Senator Mark Udall - Colorado
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:57:12 PM »
March 15, 2010

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Transplant Patients Act of 2009 (S. 565).  I appreciate your taking the time to share your views with me.

As you know, under current law, Medicare beneficiaries are covered for their immunosuppressive drug treatments for the first 36 months following a kidney transplant.  The Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Transplant Patients Act would, among its many provisions, extend coverage for these important treatments for the life of the transplant.  This bill has been referred to the Senate Committee on Finance for its review.  While I am not a member of this particular panel, you can be sure I will monitor this bill and keep your thoughts in mind as Congress works to reform our nation's health care system. 

I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation.  My job is not about merely supporting or opposing legislation; it is also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics.  For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.

Warm regards,

Mark Udall
U.S. Senator, Colorado

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

angieskidney

Re: Congressional replies
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:12:41 AM »
Great idea Chris!  :)

I am trying to encourage more Americans to write. I don't think it would do much good for me (a Canadian) to write but because my fiancé is in the USA I will suggest to him to write as well because he knows how important this is! Plus I have mentioned this on KidneyKorner.

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
Re: Congressional replies
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 02:21:02 PM »
Angie,

Thanks again!  It would be great not to have to deal with one more "challenge".  I know my daughter (with the transplant) and son-in-law are trying right now to make a decision about whether he should take a job or not.  Right now he is working with a large company and wants to take a job at a smaller company, but the health insurance stinks, so they are weighing the pros and cons of staying or going.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:40:25 PM by cschwab »

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings