Author Topic: Starting the "Help DaVita" campaign  (Read 4333 times)

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
Starting the "Help DaVita" campaign
« on: January 07, 2011, 08:57:28 PM »

I got the above from a friend and I'm trying to finagle myself an invite (ok, maybe it is a long shot).  I'm not always the most observant person, but I've been noticing lately companies like DaVita have been having a lot of awful things said about them (NBC, Atlantic, Propublica, etc...).  So I decided to collect a few of these awful things - plus some extras - and put them into flyers so DaVita would have them in one place and could better answer these fabrications one-by-one:

http://www.dialysisethics2.org/open_images/flyers/Legislative_flyer.docx

http://www.dialysisethics2.org/open_images/flyers/Legislative_flyer.pdf

(from the flyers it only looks like we are awful-lie-telling-jealous types who envy DaVita for their wonderful success - however, I'm undercover, shhhhh!!! Don't tell anybody!)

I then thought DaVita would probably want to know about anymore vicious rumors being spread about them, being the kind of company they are - like poor patient care.  So I thought if people had heard these nasty rumors they could post them, or if they thought it had happened to them they could post (must have been a hallucination).  If you are a little shy about posting, I can be reached at the DialysisEthics website:

http://www.dialysisethics2.org/index.php/Contact-Us/email-Chris-Schwab.html?catid=12

I will just print out the statements and destroy the rest.  I'm sure DaVita would want to know what is being said!  I'll take the statements to the DaVita party myself!  - or give them to my State Representative if I don't get an invite.  (My State rep helped get technician certification here in Colorado)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:57:02 AM by cschwab »
Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

angieskidney

Re: Starting the "Help DaVita" campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:06:19 AM »
Wow do you think patients will actually do so? I know a lot of patients are worried that DaVita will put two and two together and deny them dialysis at their units. Patients seem afraid to speak up except on forums under pseudonyms. 

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
I believe in some cases it is safer hiding in the light.  I believe in dialysis this is true many times.  Two examples are Larry and Abby, they are doing well - they came to us.

Another example is my daughter's.  She did her job by doing what she should while on dialysis and not putting up a fuss.  I did my job by putting up a fuss when I saw things weren't the way I thought they should be: ex. reuse (more reuse), lack of critlines, lack of time on the machine, and an overworked staff.

It can be good to have somebody like us on your side, and it can be good to be open about what a person is seeing.

However, I can understand it can be uncomfortable posting so I mentioned the option of contacting us through the website:
http://www.dialysisethics2.org/index.php/Contact-Us/email-Chris-Schwab.html?catid=12

And I do plan to keep people's identities a secret, unless they aren't worried about it for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:39:24 PM by cschwab »

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

angieskidney

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »
Yeah the first time I heard about critlines was on dialysis forums since my unit doesn't use them. Perhaps add links to other threads you have on those (critlines and reuse) so people can read the stories and realize by reading stories that theirs might sound similar and that they do have a story to tell? Dunno.

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »

Perhaps add links to other threads you have on those (critlines and reuse) so people can read the stories and realize by reading stories that theirs might sound similar and that they do have a story to tell? Dunno.

Good idea!  Went ahead and put in links in my previous post.

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

angieskidney

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 08:44:27 AM »
Good :)

cschwab

• Administrator
  • just an old bird dog
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »
Well I'm sitting here waiting for my last second invite to the davita wingding and I know it is coming annny second now.  Why would I get an invitation?  Because I've got the plan to help davita with their recent public relations problems!

I thought about going uninvited since what I have is so important.  But then I thought there was a slight chance davita might not like my plan, this would hurt my feelings and I am a sensitive soul.  It might embarrass my State Rep if I was drug out of there kicking and screaming and thrown in the pokey.  Also my wife wouldn't bail me out, and for all I know security has a shoot-to-kill policy.

Speaking of my State Rep, I understand even he is not going now!  Heck, they had me chomping at the bit when I saw the free drinks!  However, I understand he and davita will be meeting in more of a private setting here soon.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:15:21 PM by cschwab »

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings