Announcement: On December 03, 2023 there will be a Walk in Denver, for details click here.
Kidney Dialysis could be the most egregious example of the misuse of concentrated corporate power with all its scandals and its ghastly numbers. However concentrated corporate power has been seen to negatively affect so many facets of our lives! From concentrated power in airlines choking off growth in smaller cities to pharmaceutical companies fueling the opioid crisis, these corporations large size and money (which has bought influence) have been near insurmountable to stop! There is example after example in this Suggested Reading List! It is time to stop corporate power abuse!
We are offering an opportunity to strike back at some of the worst abuses of corporate power! And to help a vulnerable population that is unable to help itself! To strike back at a field of medicine that has taken away so many of our friends, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc... - and yes, even our children at an early age! And there is no reason for those without experience in dialysis to participate! This is a fight against monopolies, duopolies, etc... This is everybody's fight!!
How to Particpate!!! (choose one, choose all!) (9+ Ways!!!!)
1) Email your federal representatives with this question: (added July 2nd, 2023)
"There are a lot of reasons DaVita should be broken up (the numbers, scandals), are there any reasons left indicating DaVita shouldn't be broken up into something like small care co-ops?" (example: what was written to Congressman Jason Crow)
Or of course come up with your own message if you are so inclined!
2) Email FTC Chairperson Lina Khan at
3) Write to CNBC. They were asking for questions before the Warren Buffett event in Omaha NE on May 6th, 2023 and were written to (see DE Blog #7)
Though the Warren Buffett event is over for the year 2023, it would still seem a wonderful idea to try and get an answer to the above question - or tell CNBC what you have to say!
Three possible email addresses are:
4) Write to the stock guru Jim Cramer. DialysisEthics Blog #8 provides an example of what has been sent to Mr. Cramer.
Jim Cramer's email address:
5) Ready to really get into it? M.I. Mother's Keeper from Washington D.C. is planning an event at the US Congress. The preliminary time for it is looking at December 2023 or January 2024. For more information and to sign up visit M.I. Mother's Keeper! If you are so inclined, you could get 10 people to sign up. And wouldn't it be great if those 10 people each got 10 people! etc... It could be an army descending on Washington!
6) Buy, read, and write a review for the book 'How to Make a Killing: Blood, Death, and Dollars in American Medicine'. This book is the first of it's kind this writer has seen solely about the problems in dialysis, but it can be said it provides a broader view of the worst concentrated corporate power can do! Just an example of everybody's problem - monopoly! Amazon reviews are always welcomed, but as of this writing the GoodReads reviews seem to be lagging. It is strongly suspected corporate shills have been having an effect. So if you could write reviews for both that would be great!
7) Subscribe to the MMAD Studio YouTube channel, a part of the Washington D.C. organization M.I. Mother's Keeper. Subscribe to the SaveTheBillionairesOrNot Youtube channel and the Spotify SaveTheBillionairesOrNot Audio Podcast, both a part of DialysisEthics.org.
8) Sign a petition: 'Save the Billionaires (or not)' petition at Change.org. Not sure a break up of the huge dialysis company DaVita is called for? Then the Reading List mentioned might help you. It contains everything from a 'Quick 1 minute intro' to 5 suggested books.
9) Participate in the May 4th, 2024 'Save the Billionaires (or not)' Walk in Omaha Nebraska. Coincides with the Berkshire Hathaway event with Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger. A calm and peace of mind were an unexpected side effect for this 2023 participant! For more about the May 2023 event and scouting mission there is DE Blog #11.
10) Become a Kidney Dialysis Advocate! Arlene Mullin is one of the people featured in Tom Mueller's book (see no. 6 above). She is a 25 year veteran who has saved the lives of countless kidney dialysis patients who, for one reason or another, were terminated from their clinics. She would get them placed back in their clinics, or another clinic - stopping a death sentence! She would love to work with dedicated, hard-working people to save lives!